Aims of the AOANJRR
- Establish demographic data related to joint replacement surgery in Australia.
- Provide accurate information on the use of different types of prostheses.
- Determine regional variation in the practice of joint surgery.
- Identify the demographic and diagnostic characteristics of patients that affect outcomes.
- Analyse the effectiveness of different prostheses and treatment to specific diagnoses.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the large variety of prostheses currently on the market by analysing their survival rates.
- Educate orthopaedic surgeons on the most effective prostheses and techniques to improve patient outcomes.
- Provide surgeons with an auditing facility.
- Provide information that can instigate tracking of patients if necessary.
- Provide information for comparison of the practice of joint replacement in Australia and other countries.